St Michael's World Apostolate, SMWA

Trouble viewing photos? | Your comments | Home

SMWA Venerates
the Incorrupt Heart of
St. John Vianney

On Wednesday, October 11, 2006, many Baysiders visited a church on Long Island, N.Y. to venerate the incorrupt heart of St. John Vianney which was brought over to the United States by Bishop Guy Bagnard of Ars, France. In Europe, it is a common practice to remove parts of the body for relics once someone has been declared a saint. St. John Vianney's heart is not preserved in formaldehyde or in any kind of gel. It is miraculously incorrupt.


Saint Jean-Marie Baptiste Vianney was born on May 8, 1786 at Dardilly, France. In 1812, he was sent to the seminary and on August 13, 1815, he was ordained to the priesthood. After being an assistant priest for a few years, he was made parish priest of Ars, a village near Lyons. Popularly known as the Cure of Ars, St. John Vianney was known for his love for souls, his humility, and his deep love for Our Lady. He practiced severe mortification and many miracles have been attributed to him. People came from other parts of France and later on from other countries in Europe to seek his counsel. It is said through his extraordinary efforts that he converted virtually every person from this village which was widely known for its indifference and even contempt for religion.  Saint John Vianney is the Patron Saint of Parish Priests.

Surely this great Saint assists us every Sunday at the Holy hour for priests that we offer for their sanctification and protection.

It is estimated that over 15,000 people came to venerate the heart of St. John Vianney during the five days it was displayed at the Cure of Ars Roman Catholic Church in Merrick, N.Y.

We had to wait in line for about 45 minutes outside and then inside the church to venerate the relic.

The relics are displayed in front of the altar

The reliquary containing the heart of St. John Vianney. He was given the ability to read hearts and was also known for his gift of prophecy and healing of the sick, especially children.


The devil once revealed to the Cure of Ars that were there three such men as himself on earth, his (Satan's) kingdom would be broken.


Men from the Knights of Columbus kept guard over the holy relic


The chalice of St. John Vianney that he used for the celebration of holy Mass. This chalice was used by the priests for the Masses celebrated during the visit of the relic.


This small relic of the saint's flesh was a gift given by the Bishop of Ars for the church to keep permanently


In the St. John Vianney Chapel, Mary Lindsey prays and venerates this small relic of the Cure of Ars


Waiting in line for confession. Thousands of confessions were heard over the five day period. Interestingly, the saint was ordained under the condition that he was not allowed to hear confessions. The condition was soon lifted and, ironically, St. John Vianney would regularly hear confessions for 16 to 18 hours a day.


In the foreground are approximately 15 Baysiders including the Lay Order of St. Michael and other devotees

The heart in procession

The pastor of the Cure of Ars Church gave a heart-warming homily on what it has meant to have the heart of the great saint in this church


The elevation of St. John Vianney's chalice during the Mass


The recession. After Mass we gave out hundreds of Our Lady's messages and rose petals to the faithful


The Bishop of Ars giving his apostolic blessing to some of the pilgrims. Peter Frank, LOSM, gave the bishop Our Lady's message and a rose petal.

Your Comments | Home

The Virgin Mary appears in America

This beautiful story of grace, peace and redemption opened publicly on June 18, 1970 when the Mother of God visited Veronica Lueken on the grounds of the old St. Robert Bellarmine Church in Bayside, New York and later at the Vatican Pavilion site (blessed by Pope Paul VI) in Flushing Meadows Park, New York. Beginning in 1968, St. Theresa the Little Flower prepared Veronica for these Heavenly apparitions.

For 25 years, the Virgin Mary and Her Divine Son would appear to this mother of five children during Rosary Vigils on these sacred grounds until her passing in 1995. Our Lady asked that this Shrine be called “Our Lady of the Roses, Mary Help of Mothers” and that a Sunday Holy Hour offered for the Pope and priests be held.

Over 300 comprehensive messages packed with wisdom and guidance for these latter days were transmitted through this seer named by Heaven, Veronica of the Cross.

Our Lady of the Roses Shrine is under the stewardship of the lay Order of St. Michael (est. 1977), a vibrant community of dedicated, celibate men who have been appointed by Heaven to lead this global mission. Our Lady has prophesied that this lay Order will bring forth the full-fledged religious Order of St. Michael, an order founded on tradition, which will also include a cloistered convent.

Our Lady has also stated that curative waters will erupt and a magnificent basilica will be erected at the original site of St. Robert’s.

The Vigils and Holy Hours continue to this day at the Vatican Pavilion inspired by Our Lord’s promise: “We have made Our home upon these grounds.” Cures and conversions abound and for countless pilgrims, faith and hope have been restored. We invite you to join us.

For a free rose petal blessed by Jesus and Mary with the power of cure and conversion, a Rosary Vigil calendar, and for more information, contact:

St Michael’s World Apostolate
P.O. Box 514 • Bayside, NY 11361
toll free orderline 1-888-830-SMWA